Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oh this movie...

Did you see the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button? I should have known I would love it because it is written by F.Scott Fitzgerald. I've never read anything of his that hasn't stuck to me for life. My favorite scene of the movie (and also the scene that made me tear up) was the scene pictured below, where the characters are realizing that their love is in its absolute prime. Knowing it will not be this way forever, they look in the mirror at themselves, to truly remember the moment. I was reading my sister's blog earlier and she posted a picture of her and her husband back in their dating days. She wrote that she wasn't sure how they got where they are from the happy moment in the photo. Ahhh, life. It is so beautiful sometimes and so hard sometimes. In every relationship I have had, I can look back and remember that happy time. The dizzy headed, butterfly, fireworks moment. Even in friendships that have been lost, you can look back and remember those moments. Nothing can change the ebb and flow of life. I guess the message is to enjoy the prime. If its good, know that its good. And hope it lasts as long as possible.
A quote from the movie that sort of spoke to me:
"For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again. "
Oh, and if you haven't seen this movie, you simply must.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Where's your blogging mojo? I miss you.

Julia said...

K....I am replying to your wonderful comment on my blog....on your blog...because I can't find your email.

Thanks for understanding Love Doesn't MEan Like. I was somewhat typing in "code" because I am having issues with my 21 year old this summer....and I have had issues for years/decades/a lifetime with my mother.

It turns out, we are all 3 very, very much alike. Like 3 cats in a pillow case.

I used to hate the way my mother nagged my father....24/7. Turns out I hear her when I am doing the same thing. Grrrr.

You get me. And I just wanted to thank you. A young, hip woman from California just made this menopausal Texan's day!