Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Nick

My friend Nick.
To say he means the world to me is sort of underestimating exactly how much he means to me. Even though I haven't known him my whole life, or even more than a few months, you would never know it by looking at us. He gets me. I get him. He calls me his Poodle. I call him my Nick. We laugh more together in an hour than I have laughed in years. He is a ray of sunshine. I always say that when he is around, everyone else is in black and white and he is in color. It couldn't be more true.And, as life would have it. He lives in San Francisco.
Way. Too. Far. Away.
Luckily for me, he was in town this past week and so I got to spend a few days showing him around Orange County. Long talks. Tons of Sangria. Martinis. We had more than our fair share of fun.
My least favorite part of seeing him is that each visit we have together is always punctuated by a goodbye. I cried last time when our time together was over. I cried when I dropped him off at the airport. I've been melancholy - missing him for the last few days. Such a sap. My favorite friend. I miss you and can't wait to see you again soon!!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Nick....Nick....Nick. Why can't he live right next door? Don't you wish it were true?

I had a "Nick" in my life. Her name was Debbie and for 3 years she lived down the street. We got each other from the second we met and never has anyone made me laugh so hard. We swore we were twins separated at birth. Only she was 9 years younger than me!

I pray daily for a new "Debbie" to come into my life. I love to laugh hard.

Thanks for always being a loyal reader. I suspect we would get in trouble if we lived close by...