Friday, April 18, 2008

Five on Friday

1. I don't know about you, but I can hardly wait to entertain outdoors this summer. Tim and I are shopping for outdoor furniture - I think this is fun - but maybe a little touch over the top - what do you think? 2. I'm on day five of my diet. I ate my way through Chicago, came home, and decided to make some big changes with my eating. I joined the big JC (Jenny Craig) and am really starting to enjoy it. Nothing is as empowering as self-control and will power. I'll be going on Tuesday for my first weigh in. Valerie Bertanelli lost nearly six pounds her first week! That would be incredible, huh? Be sure to check back on Tuesday to see how I did!

3. I have corporate executives in town on Thursday! It's crunch time!

4. I got to see my adorable nephew Nick on Wednesday which was so fun. I discovered his ticklish spot under his arms (shhh...don't tell, but it's my ticklish spot too!) I love to watch him laugh - he is such a joy. I also got to spend some time with my mom which was nice. Sometimes I think the reason she and I fight so much is because we are such similar people - willful, strong headed, picky, quick to judge. She would never admit to being any of these things. She is also loving, kind, and moral. Just ask her, she'll tell you. :) But truly, she is a one of a kind. I need to try harder to bring us together and tell her I love her more often.

5. We've been trying out some different chocolate chip recipes at the store and it is amazing how many variances there are on the same type of cookie! Everyone has their own "best recipe." Tim invited his sister and her fam over to watch the UFC fight tomorrow, so I am going to bake some of my own. I will let you know how they turn out!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods on this fine Friday.
Kristin

No comments: