Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Kind of Town...

We just got back from Chicago this evening, and I had to take a moment to share some of my memories. We had an absolute blast...
Tim's mom Marsha and I went shopping, shopping, shopping! We went to all of her favorite shops - and had a blast. I bought a bunch of fun things, and Tim bought me an amazing canister set with French labels for my kitchen. We had it shipped, so I will post pics when it comes.
Here is a picture of Marsha with a crown I made her put on at Hobby Lobby.
On Wednesday night, all four of us went to see Wicked. The tickets had been a Christmas gift from Marsha and her husband Mike. The O'Malley Theatre in Chicago is incredibly beautiful - so ornate and gorgeous inside. The play was amazing beyond words - if you haven't seen it, you don't know what you are missing. My friend Jonathan said I had a little GA-Linda in me. What do you think?

We journeyed into downtown - we went to see the sights on Michigan Avenue. These pictures were taken in Millenium Park - home of the "bean." Tim's mom - "loving the bean."

The bean in all of its glory.


Tim and I taking our "bean" photo op.


What a fun week we had! Being the "foodies" we are, we definately enjoyed the culinary offerings in the Windy City. We ate at Mortons, Keifers, Claddaugh Pub, Jilley's, and Capri - home of one of the funniest and endearing Italian families I've ever met. The son Andy charmed us all with his signature saying "Fah-get-about-it." There is even an item on the menu "Veal Fah-get-about-it" named in honor of Andy. We had desserts at the top of the John Hancock building overlooking the entire city.
And don't even get me started on the wine we had. Bottles of Silver Oak and Opus One were definately a highlight. As Andy would say "Fah-get-about-it"
We were wined and dined, toured the city, and shopped our hearts out. But, as Dorothy would agree, there is truly no place like home.



2 comments:

Jeff said...

Welcome back sister! I'm glad you had a great time and you got back safely.

Athena is a ... said...

So glad you had fun! Love the pics. Look forward to seeing you Wed!!