Friday, November 21, 2008

Dear Santa...

Dear Santa,
I have been really, really good (okay, marginally good) this year. As for that no crying or pouting thing, I am working on it. I know you understand, after all, we have a lot in common. You have a factory of elves, I have a factory of elves. Your stomach jiggles like a bowl full of jelly, and well, things on my body jiggle too. I know it has nothing to do with those maple donuts I love so much. Anyway, I thought you might need a little help shopping for this very deserving girl this year, so here is my list. Santa, I hope you have a good laptop and a credit card, because this list is meant for internet shopping!
Okay, how cool is this flatware set. Santa, you know I love to entertain, so I probably need 2-3 sets. You can find them at www.ballarddesigns.com.
I love these handstamped bracelets from www.etsy.com - at kathrynriechert's shop. I want mine to say "noblesse oblige." Get out your french-english dictionary, Santa. Merci.
And because a girl can never have too many french themed bangles, I think I need this one too.
You can find this also on www.etsy.com at dreamsandjewelry's shop.
And what good would 2 french themed bracelets be without this super fabulous fleur necklace. So while you are on www.etsy.com, check it out at kellyevansdesign.
Now that I will have perfect accessories, I thought I would wish for a few cute things for my house. Like this
or this...with my address of course. You DO know where I live, don't you Santa?
These can be found on www.etsy.com at familyattic. I wouldn't blame you if you ordered one for yourself. They are totally darling.
And last but not least, these glasses have been on my wish list for years. I can't really believe that I haven't broken down and bought them myself. I love the double old fashioned size. And don't tell any of my WS friends, but you can buy these at www.surlatable.com.
Santa, if you don't like any of these options, I am always up for gift cards to my favorite haunts - Homegoods, Steinmart, and WS/Pottery Barn. I also think I might like to join the rest of the world and own an ipod for my walks. I don't need it to be super fancy - in fact the more basic, the better- but I would prefer a silver one. AND, I am working on making a shabby chic tree this year for my living room mostly done in whites, creams, and pale turqouise. So, if you find anything that would look cute with that, feel free to drop it down my chimney.
Oh and Santa, Tim is difficult to shop for. You know it and I know it. He loves gift cards - Men's Warehouse, Best Buy, or Bluewater Grille - they are to Tim what Homegoods is to me.
So, what's on your list this year?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What a fun post. You are such a creative writer.

Great gift ideas. I need to check out Etsy. I love those bracelets and signs.

Also, I love your idea of the shabby chic tree. It will be beautiful.

Thank you so much for your get well wishes. They mean a lot to me. I'm hoping this cold will be over with by Thanksgiving.

You are a sweet friend.

Melissa

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Ooooohhhh! I LOVE the Fleur bangle and necklace...super fab! I haven't made a Christmas list in years...you are making me want to start one, a really good one!

Rosemary said...

You have very good taste my dear!!
I have those glasses and flatware!
Love them!
Love the jewelry too!!
I hope Santa comes through for you.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Rosemary

Valley Girl said...

I had to stop by because of the name of your blog, everything is so lovely!