Friday, November 7, 2008

Good Friendship, Good Food, Good Wine!

Tim is in Atlanta on business, so my friend Deana came over to catch up on life and have a fun evening in. Deana has been one of my very best friends for the eleven years that we have known one another. She is fun, loyal, kind, giving, and so easy to talk to. I honestly don't know how I would have survived the last decade of my life without her! When we get together, we talk for hours on end, so we decided to do dinner at my house - mostly to avoid scowling waitresses who glare at us for tying up their tables for such a long time!
I prepared the fare for the evening -
Thanksgiving style panini sandwiches with cranberry-orange sauce.
A fall salad with cranberries, pears and goat cheese - dressed with a balsamic dressing.
Deana brought the wine - as you can tell, we had some.
If you've never had Sofia before, get yourself a friend, and a bottle and enjoy.
It is a sparkling white wine - just divinely good! I think the bottle is so pretty, I saved it. It would make a lovely vessel for flowers, no?
Carrot Cake - compliments of Trader Joes - totally effortless and delish.
My fur friend Rio says it was "paw" lickin' good.

No comments: