Wednesday, April 15, 2009

All Around Great Day

This past Sunday, I hosted my first Easter at our home. As if that wasn't scary enough, it was for both my family and Tim's AND it was the first time both families had met! Now that's a milestone of a day, isn't it? I have to say that it went just as perfectly as it possibly could have. The weather was amazing, the food was oh-so-good, and the families, well they were just so fun to have all together.
Keeping with my New Year's resolution to make life easy on myself, I decided to serve on paper plates. GASP! I can hardly believe I did it because I have a real problem with paper plates, but I wanted to enjoy my day and NOT do ten loads of dishes. Cute, huh?
My mom (on the left) Marie and Tim's mom Marsha. I think they did well together.
Beautiful Zoe, slept through the day.
Adorable Nick, looking like he just stepped out of a J Crew ad.
Little Drew playing catch with a lemon. My brother (who is such a big kid) picked them off of my tree. Oh well, they had fun with it.
Nick enjoying the bubbles.
Drew, who did such an awesome job with my nephew Nick. He even shared his bubbles. Awesome, huh? It was fun to see all of my favorite boys all together. Nick even got dirty - it was fun to see him be "one of the boys."


Baby Ryan trying out the bunny ears.
My friend Gloria said she prayed for me early on Sunday morning that everything would come together perfectly for me. She knew that I was nervous about getting all of the families together and about hosting nearly 25 people at my house. Her prayers were answered - it was a glorious day not soon to be forgotten. Hope your Easter was equally heaven-sent.

2 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

Everything looks completely gorgeous. I'm glad it was such a wonderful day and that every thing went smoothly.

Rosemary said...

Looks beautiful!!
A great day!!
Rosemary