Sunday, April 5, 2009

Let's Catch Up...

Okay, grab a cup of coffee (or a Diet Coke) and have a seat. I haven't blogged in a few weeks (cannot believe it myself) and want to catch you up on the latest happenings here in Dove Canyon.
I spent the last two weeks of March in Temecula helping coordinate the efforts for our beautiful new store that Grand Opened on March 26th. It was amazing to see a store go from four walls to a bustling store full of customers in only ten days. Needless to say, it was a lot of work. But even more than work, it was so much fun.
One of the best parts of the two weeks was meeting my new friend Nick. I have never met anyone that I felt so connected to (not in a romantic way, but in a "I feel like I've known you my whole life" kind of way). I cried when he got in the car to go to the airport and cried when I got home because I missed him so. The good news is that he is coming back to Southern California at the end of this month to help out with another project! I am so thrilled!!
My nephew Nick celebrated his second birthday at the end of the month and my sister hosted a super fun Birthday for him at a very pretty park down in San Diego. Imagine hosting a party two weeks after delivering a baby via c-section. My sister gets the Mom of the Year award!! The weather was perfect and the icing on the cake was getting to hold my ultra amazing niece Zoe. She is such a calm baby and holding her is my new favorite thing. Hard to believe little Nick came into our lives two years ago! The time has really flown by!!
And, after many recent computer problems followed by two failed battery adapters, I broke down and bought a new computer last night! It wasn't really a purchase that I wanted to make per say, but I found an awesome lap top and I'm having fun exploring it. I appologize for the lack of pictures on this post, but I haven't transferred them over from my lemon laptop.

And finally, Easter is right around the corner!!!! I decided last year that I wanted to host a big Easter egg hunt for all of the kids this year at our house. I grew up hearing stories about the amazing Easter egg hunts that my Aunt Joyce used to put together for us when we were little. Tons of eggs filled with everything from candy to coins to a lottery ticket or a dollar bill. With one golden egg that had something really special! I don't remember them at all because I was only a year old when my Aunt passed, but when I think of Easter, I think of my Aunt and the wonderful memories she created. SO, I am busy putting one together for Sunday.
I am also hosting a brunch afterwards and it will be the first time I've had both my family and Tim's together. I'm actually not nervous about it at all. I think it is way overdue! I am just praying for good weather and a fun day for all!!
So, my creative friends, any suggestions for cute trinkets to put in the eggs besides candy? All five of the "hunters" are boys between the ages of one and five!

4 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

It sounds like lots of lovely things going on in your life right now. I'm so happy you caught us up.

Julia said...

Oh, I missed you...but you've been busy and that's good.

You know I work with 5 year olds....they love stickers, tatoos (the wash off kind), little dinosaurs, those pellets that grow into some kind of animal when you put them in water, and of course, candy. The girls love rings!

Have fun at your first Easter brunch and hunt.

xoxo, Julia

Erin said...

I hope your brunch and easter hunt are a huge success! you have such a great sense of style :) Pop on over for my 100th post give-away!

Rosemary said...

Sounds like a whirlwind lately.
Very fun! I am hosting a brunch this Sunday as well.
Easter egg hunt goodies, stickers,
trinkets, like rings, small animals, tickets for something special later on, charms etc. Go to the birthday section of the party store, lots of little things.
Enjoy!
Rosemary