Sunday, April 12, 2009

Can I go to bed yet?

Did you happen to see the Easter bunny at my house - filling eggs, hiding them, making desserts, arranging everything for a 30 person brunch? Well, neither did I. Okay, I'm crazy for staying up this late to get everything ready to roll for my party tomorrow. But I'm hoping you can look past that and enjoy the fruits of my labor.
A quick preview of tomorrow's dessert table.
I've never made a stacked cake before or a from scratch carrot cake for that matter. So, here is my first stab at both. I was brutally afraid that it was going to collapse or not tier right. Looks amazing - hopefully it tastes okay. There is so much more to show you...a bucket of Easter eggs ready to be hidden, some new splashes of color I added to my garden ready to be enjoyed, a beautiful coca-cola and molasses ham ready to be eaten and so much fun ready to be had (in just a few hours!!) I am on pins and needles to see how both families get along and a little anxious for everyone to like one another and break the ice. Cross your fingers for me!!
And enjoy a blessed Easter with your families and friends.

2 comments:

Athena is a ... said...

You did an AMAZING job. I felt so spoiled. Thanks Kris for the most memorable Easter in recent history.

Julia said...

Well? Did they all get along?