Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dear Bobo the tent maker...

Dear Bobo-The-Tent-Maker,
I know that you normally make tents, but I think you are the only person who has enough material to make pants that will fit me right now. Bobo, let's just say that I have gained a pound or two ... or thirty in the last few years. You and I both know that my weight tends to fluctuate, but I want you to understand while you are rolling out those yards of material to make me my pants that I am only pudgy because I drink a lot of this...
and enjoy more than my fair share of these... and I want you to understand that before I became such a foodie, spouting off words like creme fraiche and brioche and tarte tatin, there was a time when I looked like this.

Now, please get to work on those pants.
Thanks,
Kristin
...Please note that the "skinniest" picture I have of myself was taken at my old place of work (I wish it was at a beach or doing something more fun than working. After my divorce, I went through a barely eating or enjoying life period where I worked all the time and didn't eat much. Isn't it sad that the time of my life that I looked the prettiest, I was enjoying life the least. Oh well. Nobody ever said that life was fair, did they.

5 comments:

Julia said...

Believe me, sometimes I beg Chuck to pretend leave me because it seems women get skinny after a break-up.

Happiness is usually equal to about 30 pounds.......okay 40.

No, life is not fair in the weight department.

Athena is a ... said...

Bobo received your message but is busy on other orders. My pregnancy clothing order alone had him backed up for months!

Katerina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katerina said...

After 17 years of smoking, I finally stoped it (with no outside help!) about 5 years ago. Since then, I gained 10 kilos (about 22 pounds), which I can't get off. What a nice reward for my effort, isn't it?! Nothing is fair!

Msagkittykat said...

I know you can do it. You can do anythiing you put your mind to. I know this. We were both at a sad place then but looked our best.
Now I can say you look the happiest Ive seen you..you are a beautiful person inside and out.
Love you!

Kat