Saturday, January 19, 2008

Fresh Start

I just love beginnings...and I have to say, this week has been full of them. The start of my new life in my new home - what a milestone, huh? And now, the start of this new blog which I am thrilled about. I got inspired to start blogging when I accidently stumbled onto a lovely spot in the blog world called Cottage Nest. I was trying to google cottage style decorating to get ideas for decorating my new home and I got...well... sucked in by the sweet, charming simplicity of the blog and how much I had in common with this person I didn't even know. Reading it made me feel warm and cozy, like curling up on the sofa with a cup of tea in your most comfy pajamas and reading a good book. It made me stop and think about all of the hustle and bustle in my life and how much I need to take a moment and celebrate the small things that mean so much. Thank you Jen, for sharing your world and in doing so, inspiring me to share mine.

2 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

Kristin- Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words. I hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do. I will bookmark your blog and check in on you and your beautiful new home!

Warmly, Jen

Athena is a ... said...

Kris, I am excited about your blog. Your house is so beatiful! I am eager to see it evolve as you put your special touch on each room. XOX