Wednesday, January 30, 2008

To Hang Or Not to Hang...


Being the Williams-Sonoma Queen that I am, I am really focusing my energies on making my kitchen the Heart and Soul of my new house. I found a really great price on this enclume (fancy name for a ceiling suspended pot rack) but am not 110% sure about them. It is a beautiful stainless finish and would be the perfect way to display all of my All Clad stainless pans. I am just not sure it is something I NEED to have. I'd love to hear from any of you that have an enclume and love it OR have experience with hanging them as part of my fear with this purchase is the process of getting it to hang. My dear Tim has so many talents, but unfortunately he is not much of a "do-it-yourself-er."
Okay, be honest friends...to hang or not to hang?

3 comments:

Athena is a ... said...

Hi there, I think it will probably work for you. We actually considered it here but our ceilings are low in the kitchen and it closed off our space a bit too much. If you go for it please post pics!

Heather said...

I thought long and hard about including a pot rackin our kitchen addition. I thought I wouldn;t like it because of the dust factor and I tend to like things less cluttered - not sterile, but not cluttered.

We added one to save space and I love it. I can't imagine a kitchen without one now.

Thanks for stopping by my blog - hope to "see" you again.

Heather

Erin said...

I would do it if I had an island in my kitchen! I think they look great. Would love to see your pictures of after if and when you decide to install it!