Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's All in the Presentation

Chips and salsa? Not in this house! Right now, I am all about the fluff and all about the presentation. Six months of working for Williams-Sonoma and I am already becoming an entertaining snob but I do have to say, it is so much fun to make things fancy. This beautiful tray is my Williams-Sonoma answer to your typical football game fare - somehow hot wings just weren't in the cards today. Decadent assorted French and Import cheeses, thinly sliced Italian meats, sweet grapes still on the vine and a few handfulls of buttery crackers in fun, festive shapes.
Don't worry, I will save you all a plate...
And just so our friends didn't think we had gone too far over the top, I made a simple, easy dessert classic --- rice crispy treats---which were also a hit.
I just love cake plates, don't you?


So, as you can see, we have been doing a lot of entertaining here at the Dove Canyon Cottage. We've been in our home for less than a week, and I have already hosted most of my family and Tim's - thrown a football party for friends today - and am having a dinner party early this week. I wish I could be a more laid back hostess - but to me, beauty is in the details - and the details take time and energy!
I am anxious to show you all the progress we are making on the house. I just finished decorating this little lighted alcove by the front foyer. The perfect spot to show off a few treasures: silver fleur-de-lis (I'm obsessed with all things French, can you tell?), a few of my favorite photos (that is my darling nephew Nick in the center), my new Pottery Barn lantern, topiaries and a fun over-sized key all found at Home Goods.

It's starting to look less like a house and more like a home!
Hope you all had a blessed and relaxing weekend, from our home to yours.


















































































1 comment:

Jen Kershner said...

That's my kind of football food. I think it's so cool that you worked at Williams Sonoma for awhile. That's a dream job but it would cost me more than I would make. Love the fancy way you served your simple rice crispy treats.