Friday, January 25, 2008

Treasure Hunt

I've been in desperate need of a hobby and I finally found one that I love - antique store shopping! I loved reading posts from fellow bloggers about their treasure hunts through the antique and flea market world and all of the treasures they found in their shopping ventures. With my new house, I am finding so much decorating inspiration and figured going on an antique spree could be a fun way to spend the day. Luckily I live about 25 minutes from one of the premier antique shopping districts in the state of California. If you have never been to Old Towne Orange, I would highly recommend a trip - it is the closest thing to a time machine I have ever seen. The streets are lined with huge antique stores, flea market type stores, and even an incredibly fun vintage garden store full of shabby chic goodness. My dear friends Jillian and Alexis live nearby and luckily they were in the mood to tag along for a fun day of shopping. We had a blast and I found a few goodies that I just had to share...
AND YES...I found keys just like I had hoped - these babies were $9.00 for the whole set - I think they are awesome. I also found the vintage glass heart ornament for $4.00 (isn't it so pretty), the creamy ceramic garden urn for $18.00 and this neat shabby plate stand/buffet stand which I am still playing with to figure out exactly how I will use it (only $10.00). I also got a really neat white garden post that is a flag holder (along with 2 flags) AND a very sweet white ceramic garden cat that was just too darling not to come home with me. Add in a few St. Patrick's Day decorations and I had 4 bags to drag home! All for under $100.00. I am hooked on this place. It is almost...dare I say it? As fun as Home Goods!! I will post more pics soon. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Athena is a ... said...

You dare not - nothing beats Home Goods. BUT can I go with you next time??

Jeff said...

You should check out antique locks too. My friend had a collection and some are really fascinating. One lock from India was as much a puzzle as a lock requiring 3 separate keys and knowledge of how to unlock it.

Jeff