Thursday, March 5, 2009

Great Advice

I was talking to my friend Gloria today - who just celebrated her 30th Wedding anniversary. They are the happiest couple I know. I asked her how they do it - how they have kept a happy marriage alive through thirty years and four children and all of the things that come in and out of their lives. She said their philosophy with their marriage is that it doesn't have a back door. You stay and work it through. I suppose that is what generations of people have done before it was okay to just call it quits. Imagine how many things would be a success if people only worked at them and stayed with them. It just made me think. What about you, married friends? How do you keep your marriage afloat?

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Well, I am not married but taht sounds interesting. I like your header. Can you come to my blog? It is
www.12chickentracks.blogspot.com
Please follow it!

Thanks, and keep blogging!

Melissa said...

I think the key to a good marriage is to remember that your spouse is the most important person in your life and defining yourself as a husband or wife first.