Sunday, March 1, 2009

All in a day's work...

Oh, this crazy economy of ours. You can't watch the news for five minutes without hearing about it. Tim and I are really lucky to have great, stable jobs. But, like everyone else, I have tried to cut back on unnecessary (aka fun) purchases. So when I saw this guy at Target for $20.00 a few weeks ago, I resisted breaking down and buying it. But last week, I finally cracked and bought him. I mean come on, he is so cute! And I did really NEED a watering can. I just know the nephews will have fun with him when they come over.
I also picked up this cute plant to put in my planter by my front door. It screams spring.
I pulled out my fun little St.Patrick's Day sign for my garden patch.

After I finished gardening, I went for a walk, visited with my neighbor and then went to the store to get stuff to make dinner. I got this great classic salad recipe from Debbie at work. She is Sicilian and swears by this salad. Just a bag of good european greens, with some huge fresh parmesan curls...

toss it with the juice of one lemon (I got mine from my tree) and olive oil. So good, so healthy...

And since the salad was healthy, I didn't feel too guilty making these (scalloped potatoes) to go along with my turkey sausages (stuffed with feta and sundried tomatoes). My mom used to make these all the time. We all agree that they taste best cold.
Then, for dessert, I made this classic. My mom used to also make this a lot. I used fat free milk for my pudding, so I added a few extra wafers. This is one of my favorite comfort food desserts.
I took a picture before a cut a big old bowlful out for Tim and I.

I would say that makes for a great day, wouldn't you?

No comments: