Friday, February 1, 2008

Lil' Rio

This snazzy little princess is my cat Rio, who in lieu of children and dogs, gets all of the attention and focus in our household. She is really my shadow - anywhere I am, she is there. That is how we operate. I have been putting off having her spayed because I have been dreading the idea of having her go through surgery and god forbid having anything happen to her. Those fears have only worsened since I lost my other cat Roxy very suddenly in December (that is a blog for another day.) I know it is silly to be so frightened because it is a very common surgery and I know in my heart that she will be fine - but I still worry. Anyway, I finally broke down and made the appointment for Tuesday. I guess there is a new laser surgery that is more comfortable for cats, so needless to say, we will be springing for the extra money to get her the best care possible. Please keep us in your hearts and prayers on Tuesday - I will be so relieved to have her home safe.
Hope you all are having a nice Friday evening.

1 comment:

Athena is a ... said...

Awww!! Now she'll get that "I've been spayed" pooch. It will make her even cuter than she already is, if that's possible.