Saturday, February 2, 2008

Baubles...

Tim and I went engagement ring shopping today...for the second time. I think we are getting close to the big moment and it is really exciting. As you may or may not know, I have been engaged, married, and divorced (not necessarily in that order) once already. I learned so much from that experience and think I am definately going into this commitment a lot smarter, wiser (let's not say the word older, shall we?) , and perhaps a little less starry eyed. Six years after my first proposal, the ring is really the only thing I have left of that life - I just don't quite have the heart to get rid of it, even still.
The funny thing is, I am still leaning towards a very similar style - timeless platinum band (simple and classic) and a princess cut stone. I was looking at round cuts tonight but my eye always goes back to the princess - I guess even after so many years, my taste has not changed. I cannot wait to see what the final result will be and to see how Tim will pop the question. He has such a unique and classy style, I am sure he will come up with the perfect way to do it. This year just gets better and better!

2 comments:

Athena is a ... said...

I'm coming around to the princess too, though you know I'm an asscher fan. My advice is to do what you've planned - when you get pregnant you won't want a thick band on your fingers. Thin bands will grow with you and won't have to be sized 10 times!

Jen Kershner said...

How exciting! You love what you love. I would pick the same ring today that I got almost 8 years ago. Love it!