Sunday, February 10, 2008

Six on Sunday

1. This week was crazy and tiring. My cat's recovery was halted when she outsmarted the e-collar and nibbled at 2 of her 8 stitches from her spay surgery on Tuesday. One frantic ride to the vet, and she was fixed with 2 staples (ow-wee) and fitted with an even less attractive e-harness which made it nearly impossible for her to walk. I broke down and took it off because it seemed too cruel to even tolerate. We are experimenting with other solutions and counting the days until Friday the 15th when stitches come out for good and we have our happy, healthy, collar-free cat back!

2. I am torn about this upcoming election. After hearing Mitt Romney's concession speach, I almost thought I would have backed him all along had I known more about his take on the state of our country. None of the candidates really "speak to me" yet. As a woman, I would love to back Hilary but I am still not sure if I trust her 100%. I heard something that infuriated me which was that a lot of people felt like they could vote for Hilary and if she stumbled her husband would step in and help her run the country. That totally defeats the idea of nominating a woman in the first place, at least in this feminist's mind!

3. I am really looking forward to Valentine's Day this year. I have worked every Valentine's Day for the last 11 years and was always too exhausted to really and truly enjoy the evening's festivities. It will be nice to have the day off this year and not be in ground zero of Valentine's Day Retail (aka American Greetings).

4. We just found out that Tim's other sister Erin is pregnant with her third baby! Let's do a quick nephew count. On Tim's side we have Cody (16), Drew (2 almost 3), Zack (almost 5), Shane (2 almost 3), Ryan (due in March) and now this little one who will arrive in early fall 2008. For my side, I have my nephew Nicholas who will celebrate his very first birthday in late March. Our children will be so blessed to have so many cousins to have fun with and learn from!

5. I love gardening - I know next to nothing about it yet, but can hardly wait for the nice weather to master the art (and spend some quality time outside).

6. I am FINALLY going to Home Goods this afternoon. That store is like my home away from home and I haven't been in almost a month!! You would think my $200 in gift card money would have burned a hole in my pocket, but I've just been so busy. I can hardly wait to see what new treasures they have for me today!

1 comment:

Athena is a ... said...

Well, I think you wanted to back Romney from the start because of his MAGIC UNDERWEAR. :) I hope Rio feels better soon, poor baby. Happy Valentines Day to you and Tim!