Sunday, February 10, 2008

Heart Shaped Memories


Cupid's annual visit is right around the corner and it makes me think about the 28 Valentine's Days I have celebrated in my life. Some of my best memories are from my childhood, which is really no surprise because my mom worked so hard to make our holidays so special. I remember I was in 4th grade or so and we had to make creative boxes to bring to school to keep our Valentines in. My mom (as usual) went so far overboard with mine. We must have spent two hours at Michael's buying all of the fun trim to decorate my box with. I was so proud to take it to school and proudly display it on my desk. I think of all of the things I have learned from my mom and one of the most valuable lessons is to give 100% of yourself to everything you do.
Hope you all find a little time this week to make a Valentine memory or two.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Hi,
Thanks for visiting my blog, and for the nice comments.
That is a valuable lesson learned from your mom!!!
I hope your kitty is doing better.
The engagement ring you show in the picture looks like my daughter's
She just got married in October. If you look back at my blog you can see some pictures.
Have a great day!
Rosemary