Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Enchanting

Enchanting - the only word I can use to describe the home (it truly is more of a chateau than it is a home) that belongs to my dear friend Jonathan's friend Yvette. Once or twice a year, Yvette and her husband go to Santa Fe for a few weeks and leave Jonathan to look after their home (and their two very adorable persian cats) in Laguna Beach. I have had the pleasure of going to visit him there twice and both times have been simply awestruck by her home and her decorating. Eclectic, bold, daring, charming, and really simply - enchanting. Although I have never met her personally, I think her taste is just nothing short of amazing. Coastal Living Magazine thought so too and featured her home in one of its issues a few years ago. I had to share this masterpiece in her formal dining room. Isn't it nothing short of incredible?Okay, back to my little cottage - here is a new bench that I bought today. I thought it was too cute to pass up for $20.00 and think it has limitless possibilities. I can just picture it in my walkway at Halloween with a scarecrow on it or at Christmas with some lights strung through its sweet little willow branches. I have a feeling all of the nephews will enjoy it too because it seems it is "just their size." I couldn't resist the fun pillow I bought for it for the summertime. It reminded me of Yvette's style because it is a little splashy and fun.

A close up of the pillow - isn't the litle monkey just priceless?

Hope you are all having a nice Wednesday evening, friends.


1 comment:

Athena is a ... said...

Very cool house! And I love, love, love your new chair and pillow. It's Better Homes & Gardens meets Veranda meets Romantic Homes.