Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Going Green

Oh what fun it was to unpack my long stowed away collection of green "block optic" depression glass. I used to get to pick a piece out every time my mom and I went antiquing (which was probably every other week or so, as I remember it.) It was most likely a great method to keep me on my best behavior so that she could treasure hunt for salt & peppers or buttons (both of which she collected for many years.) Either way, I am so excited to have a really great grouping of this adorable green pattern. Luckily, I still love the color and think it would be adorable for serving at a tea or an afternoon luncheon. Can't you just picture it?
The nice thing about it is that it is really affordable on EBay. They have quite a few pieces for under $7.00 - far cheaper than I have seen it at the antique mall. Imagine all of the fun accessories I can add to my collection. I even saw a matching martini shaker that I may have to have.
Thank you mom, for the beautiful collection and all of the fond memories of our antiquing days. I know there will be more to come soon.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I haven't seen this before. I love the green color!
Now I have to check ebay.
Thanks for visiting me,
Rosemary