Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fun Night Out

We had a fun night out in Dove Canyon last night! It was our neighbor's bi-annual Halloween bash and since we are the new guys on the block, we just had to go and meet some more locals. After work, I got busy putting one of my appetizer platters together to bring. By the way, if you haven't had St.Andre cheese before, you simply must try it. It's like buttah, I promise.This is the hostess gift I brought for the Lushes. It is a lovely wine decanter I bought at Pottery Barn. I had fun embellishing the package with some fall sprigs and these super cool "Boo" tags I ordered from etsy.
And we had a ton of fun putting our costumes together. I decided to go as the "merry widow" complete with a sassy black veil that I made, a black feather boa, a fake deed to the house, and a black rose bouquet that I jazzed up with some fluffy black maribou feathers.

And no merry widow costume is complete without the ultimate accessory - a dead husband. Tim took a sword, cut it in half, and put it going into the back of his shirt and coming out of the front with a squirt or two of fake blood. Thank God he doesn't really have to put on make-up every day - he hasn't mastered how to not get it in your hair. HA!
I wish I could have taken some photos inside the Lushes house, but I didn't want to look like a tourist. It was decorated so incredibly for Halloween - not an inch of it was left undecorated. Just amazing! My favorite part of the party was a huge bar complete with glow in the dark martinis. Tim and I got to meet some very fun neighbors - and we got invited to the block party on Halloween night! We had a blast and the best part - when it was all over, we walked home - just four houses down! How cool is that?
Hope you are finding time to have some ghoulish fun too!

6 comments:

Jeff said...

Great costumes! The cheese, crackers, and olives look amazing. It sounds like a lot of fun!

P.S. I had to type "blems" to post this.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Glow in the dark drinks! Cool! I'll bet that house was really cute.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

That cheese tray is making my mouth water...yummy! Sounds like such a fun party. Can I copy your costume for my party Friday?

Fran said...

Your cheese tray looks delish! And glow in the dark martinis, well, you can't get any better than that! I know it was nice getting to know some of your neighbors! Living in a fun neighborhood makes life very interesting.

Fran

Rosemary said...

What fun!!!
You asked about the ghosts in my daughter's yard. They came from a place online called Grandin Rd.
Just google it, it's the best way to find it. They have amazing Halloween stuff!!
Rosemary

Melissa said...

You two look so cute. What a creative costume idea.

Thank you so much for your birthday wishes.

Happy Halloween!

Melissa