Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Star Struck

There is something about being in the same room as a celebrity that makes people...a little...well - starstruck! I got to see that first hand today at the Giada DeLaurentiis book signing at South Coast Plaza. As many of you know, I work for Williams-Sonoma and was lucky enough to be invited to help out with the event today. Giada's fans arrived at the store bright and early this morning to get in line to have their books signed. There were even some die hard fans that came without tickets and cried when they found out they couldn't get in!
Wow! I was blown away by the dedication and tenacity of these fans.
Over 500 of Giada's closest fans lined up throughout the mall in a line that went through the mall and even outside as you can see here -
I got to work at the entry desk, giving Giada's fans their books and helping them find their way to the line. I also got to see the many excited fans leaving with their mission accomplished - a signed copy of Giada's newest book Giada's Kitchen. She was so terrific with the customers, the children who came to see her, and all of us who work for Williams-Sonoma. She honestly could not have been nicer. I saw her several times flipping through the book to show pictures to the children and taking the time to say hello to each fan as she signed their books. She took a picture with our WS group at the end and I got to stand next to her! I'm so not the type to get star-struck but I couldn't help but feel a little excited by the fanfare of it all.
If Giada ever comes to your town, I highly recommend paying her a visit. She is just as nice as she is beautiful!

Photos courtesy of the Orange County Register.

No comments: