Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Let's Party

Oh, I love the neighborhood I live in. Just take a look at this amazingly fun invitation that was waiting on my porch when I got home from work tonight! Isn't it the coolest thing you've ever seen!
The Lush family lives about four houses down from us. I admire her beautiful garden when I go for my walks in the afternoon. She has the most gorgeous flowers and it seems like everything is always in full bloom around her house. I haven't ever gotten to meet her though - the lady behind the flowers. And just look at the sweet note she wrote to us inside the invitation.

Needless to say, we are so there. To be completely honest, I really need to get out there and meet some new people. I have been so busy with work lately and have lost touch with a lot of friends as a result of busy lives and just life in general which has taken us all in different directions. Hopefully, I will make a friend or two.
So, now I have to find a costume worthy of such a bash. Any ideas?

4 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

That is so cool! I don't live in a neighborhood like that. It seems like our area has a lot of people that move around a lot for jobs and those people don't really get emotionally invested, you know what I mean?

Rosemary said...

Hi,
Thought I left a comment, but not sure if it took.
Love that you have such a great neighborhood. Very nice.
Rosemary

Fran said...

What a sweet invitation? We have lived in our neighborhood for 2 years and haven't met most of our neighbors. We do have to move around every few years. Our problem is most people don't want to get emotionally invested in us. You are so fortunate!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment! I will be back!

Melissa said...

What a great neighborhood you live in. Those are hard to come by nowadays.

I am not Greek, but my family is Spanish. They lived in Spain for centuries and then moved to Turkey, where they lived for 500 years before coming to America.

I had not heard of that dessert that you mentioned, but I noticed it has the word boureka in it. We always called spanakopita, bourekas.

I love pasticcio and of course, lemon soup. I think Greek and Spanish/Turkish food is very similar. Very mediterranean.

Melissa