Sunday, March 16, 2008

All of God's Creatures

What would you do if you were in your backyard, watering your plants, and this guy showed up?
Well that happened to me today - the cat was a carbon copy of the cat here, only with a lion's cut. I wasn't able to snap a picture because he got spoofed and ran away. This is the second cat in two days to show up in my backyard. Growing up, my mom always had (and still HAS) a flock of outdoor creatures that she attends to - it varies anywhere from 2-10 different cats, a stray skunk, anywhere from one racoon (who is normally named Rosie or Rocky) to an entire racoon family, and sometimes even a peacock in the mix. My mom is a mother hen to all things in need of a home and it looks like I may be doing the same here in Dove Canyon. The word must have gotten out to the downtrodden cats in the neighborhood that I have an endless supply of fancy feast and a big heart.

1 comment:

Athena is a ... said...

Have you named said cat? That's the next step in the 12-step process to becoming Kristin Dolittle.