Friday, March 28, 2008

Meaningful Beginnings

Leave it to Martha Stewart to incorporate two of my very favorite things into this gorgeous cake: smooth velvety fondant and my favorite pattern of all, damask. For this and many more artistic cakes, be sure to check out Martha's new book on wedding cakes. They are truly artful and elegant.

Why the wedding theme, you ask? Well, Tim's father is tying the knot on Sunday and it has me in the wedding mood. The truth is, I really do love weddings - all of the pomp and circumstance certainly appeals to the fancy nancy in me. As many of you know, my fairy tale wedding plans were cut short four years ago when my fiancee at the time called off the wedding just ten days prior to the big event. Back then, I didn't think I would ever want to get married again, but I am coming around to the idea. Four years older and wiser, my fairy tale has changed and so have all of the elements of what a "fairy tale" wedding would look like. I love the idea of a simple, sophisticated wedding and celebration.
As for Sunday, it should be a lovely evening. Tim will be the best man and I am trying to help him come up with the perfect speech. I am also trying to find a simple chocolate brown cardigan to wear over the cute cream/brown dress I found. I went on a hunt today and came home empty handed (well, not really, but I didn't find my cardigan.)
Hope you are all enjoying your Friday evening, friends.

No comments: