Sunday, March 2, 2008

Baby Watch...

Well, we have officially been put on baby watch tonight.
Nephew #6 - Baby Ryan is just about ready to join
the family and rumor has it,
Tim's sister Jamie may be heading to the hospital in the next few hours.
When my nephew was born, it was a huge family affair.
We were all in the room, which was a little crowded and chaotic, but I wouldn't have missed a minute of it. I loved being there for my sister and being with my family waiting to meet my nephew. I slept in my backseat for 3 hours, still more sleep than Athena got that night. I feel such a bond with Nick because I was in the room and watched him be born.
I guess it is different for men. Tim volunteered us to watch Jamie's other boys Zack and Shane so that her husband and mom can go to the hospital for the birth.
I guess I just love babies - I think I am more excited than Tim -I can hardly wait to meet him!
Speaking of babies, here is MY baby, my nephew Nick,
looking like he would rather be anywhere
BUT on the lap of the Easter Bunny.
This picture makes me smile, not because I like seeing him miserable, but
it is just such a boo-boo face he is making. A far cry from his normally
smily and flirty self. Can't wait to see you on Friday, buddy.
Hope you are all having a nice Sunday evening, friends.

2 comments:

cammy said...

How exciting! I have a new little niece or nephew coming in August and can't wait.

Your little nephew's face in the Easter bunny picture is just priceless.

Athena is a ... said...

Hey - my student canceled for Friday - are you coming Sunday or would you prefer Friday? Let me know!