Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Second Time Around

So just when we thought that today's wedding festivities were going to get rained out, the sun broke through just in the nick of time. All of the guests arrived and it was just as sunny and clear as it could be. The estate where the wedding was held is in Nellie Gail Ranch, best known in the area for their amazing Christmas Lights and decorations for the holiday season. The backyard garden area was a perfect backdrop for a spring wedding. I just had to snap a photo, even though I felt a bit tourist-like doing it! So, I called myself a mini miracle worker today, and here is why. As usual, I was a rushing MACHINE! In less than three hours time, I managed to get a gift for the couple, have it wrapped beautifully, find the perfect pair of brown sandals to match my dress, get a fabulous pedicure, get dressed, look like a human, and (stop the presses) write Tim's best man speech in the car on the way to the wedding. On the way, he showed me the little two liner that he had prepared and so I got to work! See, that's my handy work on the yellow paper (I had to get a pic).
Everyone said they loved the speech and thought it was "Very heartfelt." They just didn't know it was MY heart. Men are so lucky to have women, honest to goodness!
Here we are - Tim called me "Hamptons" tonight because he thought my outfit was very Hampton-like. I thought it was Jackie-O inspired. Tomato, Tomatoe. Just call me Fancy Nancy.
Here is a picture of Mike and Anne cutting their wedding cake. We wish them all the luck in the world as they begin their life together.


Happy Sunday evening, my friends.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I recommend not publishing secrets on the Internet like the fact that you wrote Tim's speech.

Men are lucky to have women! Its occasions like this one that make men really appreciate them.

P.S. Here's a little slogan I came up with for you:

"I'm your secretz coming out of your loose lipz sinking your shipz."