Sunday, March 16, 2008

Six on Sunday




1. I want this toothbrush. Don't ask me why, but I love it. I think it is classy. I am Fancy Nancy and I want a tortoise shell toothbrush. If you want to be fancy, you can find a toothbrush of your own on http://www.smallflower.com/. The best part is, you can brush in style for under $6.00

2. Tim made a wonderful breakfast this morning, and we ate outside in our garden. Thank goodness the nice weather held out through the morning for us to enjoy!


3. We had MAJOR thunder and lightning here in Dove Canyon today. My poor little Rio was so scared that she hid under the bed for at least two hours. Tim and I thought we were under attack at first because the noise was so loud! And they say it never rains in California...

4. I am creating a fun herb garden in my backyard and would love any tips you have to share. I am open to even simple tips as I am a gardening rookie.


5. Easter is coming and I am excited. I have the cutest gift idea that I can't wait to share. I think you will love it. I am going to be taking my first stab at making the bunny cakes in the next few days too. I bought all of the stuff for a fabulously simple madagascar vanilla cake. I can hardly wait to bake!

6. In sad news, a friend of mine lost her husband yesterday. He wasn't even thirty years old! He took a nap on the couch and because he had sleep apnea, he stopped breathing. By the time his wife Julie found him and called the paramedics, all of the oxygen flow to his brain had stopped. He was in a coma for 2 days before they decided to take him off of life support. It is a major wake up call for me because Tim suffers from sleep apnea as well. Needless to say, he is going to the doctor immediately!


Julie, you are in my thoughts and prayers and so are your two little ones who lost their dad at such a young age.



3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hi,
Thanks for visiting me. If you ever visit Ventura again let me know. So sorry to hear about your friend's husband.
Very Sad.
Visit again soon,
Rosemary

Heather said...

Thanks for your comment. The only advice I can offer as novice gardener is don't plant mint.

I too am sorry to hear about your friend - truly tragic. I knew a woman the sewed a pocket on the back of all her husbands pajamas and would put a tennis ball in the pocket to keep him from sleeping on his back.

Heather

Athena is a ... said...

So sorry for your friend. Get Tim to the doctor ASAP.

Definitely plant rosemary somewhere as you will use it when you cook. So many herbs are not really practical. Plus it blooms little blue flowers and smells good.

Just don't use it too much when you get pregnant. May be a wives tale, but why tempt fate?