Monday, June 9, 2008

Bit by bit...

We are starting to make our house a home. We are trying to knock off a project or a purchase each month so that we can feel accomplished as home owners. Also, we are planning on doing a housewarming party in the next month or so, and need some major seating to accommodate guests. This was our May purchase (partially thanks to my parents' contribution.) I think it is just the perfect fit for the space, don't you? The website I ordered it from is http://www.onewayfurniture.com/ and I love it because it is completely free shipping! Awesomely packaged and best of all, really great quality. Here is Milo, testing out the quality craftsmanship. She has officially claimed this table as her own. In fact, she looks downright disturbed when other people sit there.
"Thanks for the table, mom"
"Anytime, Milo, Anytime."

This chair was my June purchase - a complete impulse purchase, I have to say. I found it and just knew it would be perfect in this little nook in the family room. What I didn't think about was how I would get it home (Tim was conveniently out of town!). You should have seen me cramming this poor thing into my car. Don't you think it was worth it?
My mantle also got a little sprucing.

All in a week's work...

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hi,
Thanks for the nice comments on my blog.
I love your new table and chairs. Really cute!! Your other chair looks really nice, and comfy too. Your mantle looks magical.
Great job!!
Rosemary

Athena is a ... said...

You have impeccable taste, Kris. Really - everything looks like it was chosen just for your home. You should do a flickr page with pics of your house and include it on your blog. I love seeing it all come together!

Jen Kershner said...

Love your new table. I will have to take a look at that website. I can't keep my bad cats off my tables either. Wish I could figure out a way to.

Jeff said...

Made in Vietnam huh? Me love that table long time!