Saturday, June 21, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

I haven't had a dog since I was about 10. My mother always much preferred companions of the feline variety, opting out of the upkeep that comes with man's best friend. Ironically enough, Tim's mom feels the same way - so you put that together and have two people who really want to have a puppy to dote on.
Tim and I have been thinking about adding a dog to the family for a few months now, but weren't planning on getting serious about it for a few months. BUT, my friend Martha has a pure bred 13 week old maltese puppy that she is trying to find a good and loving home for.
We are weighing the pros and cons and making sure we have the time and patience to welcome a new "baby" into our home.
Do any of you have advice or experience with Maltese dogs? I would love to hear from you.


3 comments:

Mystical said...

Run ... do not walk ... do not think any more about bringing home one of my 'tribe'. I'm a 7 year old Maltese living in New York City and I can tell you that we are the best, loving, mannerly, charming, creatures ever created. By the way, we are perhaps the oldest breed, writings going back 300BC ... so we are also smart. Want to get a taste of what malteses are like?

Read my blog: http://mysticalthenewyorkdog.blogspot.com

Do not hesitate ... bring home that dog ... today.

Mystical

Rosemary said...

Very cute!! It's a big decision though.
I don't know too many flea markets down your way, but if I do, I will let you know.
Rosemary

Jules said...

Hi! So glad you found my blog. Love yours! Your house is gorgeous and your entertaining ideas are inspiring. We got a dog before we got married and it is the best. He is ten now and I can't imagine our family without him. Just don't get one at the M.V. mall... they are so cute there, but they aren't as healthy as you would hope.