Friday, June 20, 2008

"Easy" Entertaining?

Okay, so my friends and I are food snobs. My dear friend Jonathan definately has had a hand in making me a tough customer with both food and presentation. So, when I told him I was planning on doing pre-bottled Sangria mix at the baptism party on Sunday, he had a real problem with that. He had an even bigger problem with serving it in a big plastic punch bowl.

So, one glass jar, a few bags from Trader Joes, and a trip to http://www.marthastewart.com/ later, we have this:

Martha Stewart's Classic Summer Sangria

oranges: 2 juiced, 2 halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brandy
1 bottle dry red wine, chilled
2 lemons, thinly sliced
2 cups seltzer or club soda
Chilled ice cubes, for serving
In a large pitcher, combine orange juice, sugar, and brandy; stir well to dissolve sugar. Add wine, orange slices, lemon slices, and seltzer; stir to combine. Fill glasses with ice before serving. Serves 8.

No comments: