Sunday, June 29, 2008

30 Birthday Get Away (Getaway)

I am turning 30 in four days. That is to say, I will be in my twenties for about 90 hours. Any way you slice it, I am actually doing okay with it. I have a lot to be thankful for - I have come a long way in these last 30 years. I have a great boyfriend, an awesome cat, a beautiful home, and great family and friends. Getting older has brought me more confidence and a better sense of myself. True, I do have a few more crows feet and gray hairs than I had last year, but even so. I am all about aging with grace.
So, to celebrate in style, my boyfriend Tim is taking me to
Solvang to ring in the big 3-0. We are staying at the Wine Valley Inn, which is a beautiful,
relaxing place to take a break from everyday life.
We are staying in a cottage at the Inn, which has its own private garden and jacuzzi. Aren't they just darling?
And the best part is that it is within walking distance from this little wine tasting room that we discovered during our last visit to Solvang. It is featured in the Sideways wine tasting tour, but it is not overly crowded or over run with tourists. It is a quiet place where you can pull up a chair and taste some of California's best wines...
Their red wine sampler option is our favorite...married with a cheese and fruit platter, of course.

I can hardly wait to drink a toast to my twenties - a decade filled with so many life changes! Here is to a great year ahead...







6 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

It sounds like the perfect way to ring in the start of your best decade yet. Truthfully I have enjoyed my 30's much more than my 20's. That place looks gorgeous. I can't wait to hear all about your weekend.

Rosemary said...

Enjoy your get away, and Happy Birthday!!Just wait til your 40's and 50's.
Happy 4th of July!!
Rosemary

Fifi Flowers said...

That looks wonderful... hve a great time and Happy Birthday!

Athena is a ... said...

Have a wonderful time. Take lots of pics! Happy Birthday!!

Sabina said...

Looks amazing!! Have a Happy Birthday!!

Lettered Cottage said...

Ooh! I wanna go there too!