Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Good OLD Days

I have a confession to make...I love Kenny Chesney. I've been a fan of Kenny for years and own every single CD he has ever put out. Two years ago, my best friend (at the time) Tonya and some other friends saw him perform live in Cleveland, Ohio during a work conference. It was such an awesome night with so many fabulous memories.
So, when Tim's friend Kevin got tickets through his company (Corona) for the show, you can imagine how thrilled I was to hear that we were invited!
So last Wednesday, Tim and I joined Kevin and their friend Marino in LA for the big show. It was so much fun from start to finish! We got to join Kevin at the VIP pre-party hosted by Corona. The food was amazing, and of course, there was no shortage of drinks. The show was everything I had hoped it would be - a lot of great old songs that reminded me of so many good times and the people I shared them with. It made me miss my friend Tonya and realize how much has changed in two years. Kenny sang the song "Please come to Boston" which was my song with Sam, my very first real boyfriend. And his classics "Young" and "Back where I come from" - two of my very favorites. We all have songs that take us back to moments in our lives and for me, these are those songs.
After the show, Kevin took us to "The Standard" for an after party on their rooftop bar. This place has (by far) the most incredible view of the city I've ever seen. It was fun to see the elegant and sophisticated side of Los Angeles. I have to say though, I am either too old or too grounded for the party scene. Tim was yawning a lot and his friend and I were chatting away about the eighties sitcom "It's a Living" that was filmed at the Bonaventure Hotel. If there ever was a moment when you realize you are past your prime, this may have been it.
Oh thirty, you are looming, aren't you?!
Hope you are all having a good week so far!

No comments: