Sunday, July 27, 2008

Off to Scottsdale

It is that time of year again! The Williams-Sonoma Annual Conference will be taking place this Thursday - Sunday at the Westin Kierland Resort in beautiful (boiling hot) Scottsdale, Arizona. Last year when I went, I was definately the new kid on the block and didn't really know what to expect from the whole experience.
I was nervous and self conscious because
everyone was dressed just so.
I'm sure I looked fine in retrospect, but it was
scary to be new and not know anyone.
Here is a picture of my friend Jackie and I at the People First Awards Ceremony. Somehow a picture of her and I together in our formal attire wound up in the 5 minute long video recap of the event. Thank god I looked okay.
Here is a photo of the beautiful Westin property. It promises to be another wonderful couple of days this year complete with amazing gourmet food, great company, and of course oodles of work information. Thursday evening is a summer garden party (the info calls for summer dresses and/or linen pants/skirts. Friday is some sort of concert (last year we had Phil Vassar!) and Saturday is the formal awards evening. Needless to say there will be tons of wardrobe changes and accessorizing to do. Wish me luck as I put the finishing touches on my wardrobe.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Wow!!
Sounds like fun!
Didn't know you worked for William Sonoma.
You girls look so cute.
What a great place.
Have fun!
Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.
Rosemary

Melissa said...

Hi!

I just stumbled upon your blog.

I just wanted to let you know that you have a great blog. Looks like a fun place to visit.

If you get a chance, come by and visit me at my blog. It's called Sunbonnet Cottage: http://sunbonnetcottage.blogspot.com/.

Melissa
Sunbonnet Cottage