Thursday, July 3, 2008

Twenty Nine Plus One

I have always loved making birthday wishes.
To me, it just isn't a birthday if you don't have at least one candle to blow out.
Tonight, Tim and I went to Opah for a little pre-birthday celebration.
I got a birthday creme brulee with one candle on it. There was a time in my life when I would have wished for material things.
I have everything I need.
Or for someone - for a boyfriend or alas
for that ever elusive Mr. Right.
I wasted a lot of birthday wishes in my twenties on Mr. Right.
Tonight when I blew out my candle, I thought about it for a moment.
And then, I made a wish for joy.

Joy.

How simple and grown up is that.

3 comments:

Lettered Cottage said...

Perfect photo.
Perfect post.
Perfect wish.

:-)
Layla

Athena is a ... said...

Yes, perfect indeed. I wish that for you too - this year, and always. XOXOX

BeachyDuck said...

I heard that your wish for joy led to the finding of Mr. Right...or at least engagement to him! Congrats!!