Sunday, July 6, 2008

We are engaged!

I have some very exciting news to share - on July 3rd (my 30th Birthday), Tim proposed to me. He tried to throw me off by making me think that my birthday present was the new camera he bought me. After I opened the camera (thinking in my head - I guess he is not going to be asking me to marry him today), he told me that he had broken the new camera in and wanted me to see the pictures he took. So, I started flipping through about 5 pictures of my cat in different poses, and then, finally, came upon this photo... And these...

And when I looked over at Tim, he was down on one knee, teary eyed, asking me to marry him. What an amazing moment! Being with Tim, sharing our life together just feels so natural. I can't imagine my life without him. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.
Here I am showing off my new bling..
I am the luckiest girl.

5 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

How wonderful! I just had a feeling as I was reading your birthday plans. I thought if that guy doesn't ask her to marry him during that perfect weekend, then he's a buffoon. I'm glad your man didn't turn out to be a buffoon. Congrats to you both.

Katerina said...

Congratulations Cousins! I wish you eternal happiness together!
Love, Katerina (Crete)

Athena is a ... said...

I can't wait to see you Wed and congratulate you in person! I am so happy for you guys!

Bonus Mom said...

Congratulations! I found your blog through Julie! What a sweet little story you have.

paige said...

oh yeah for you!!
many many blessings to you
xo