Sunday, February 15, 2009

Best Valentine's Day yet!

We had an amazing Valentine's Day and I hope you did too. Whether it is a big surprise or some thoughtful little touch, it seems like a great day to show someone you love them. Tim and I had agreed not to do presents this year - just dinner and dessert. But of course, neither of us actually stuck to that pact. Tim bought this bag and didn't even realize it played music. Isn't he a hoot. It plays "More than words" from the band Extreme. Do any of you remember that song? And look at what I got!
An ipod.
I may be the last living person under 80 to own one. Cool, huh?
Tim went and got Indian food for us to enjoy. It was amazingly good as usual. For dessert, I took my first stab at Red Velvet cupcakes. I love getting out my Kitchen Aid mixer and I look ever so color coordinated since it is red and it is Valentine's Day. I actually am saving up for a silver one that I can leave out on the counter. The red clashes with my granite. Oh well, back to the cupcakes...It starts out looking like chocolate...

Then, voila! Red Velvet. Isn't is just gorgeous looking!!And the finished product. The only thing I would change is the cream cheese frosting recipe. This one was more like whipping cream than cream cheese. Not that its a bad thing. I just like that extra thick cream cheese texture on my red velvet.
Want a bite?
There is so much love in this house. And since Tim isn't so keen on posing, I found another willing participant.

XOXO, from our house to yours!

3 comments:

Julia said...

Yum. And yea for you and your new IPOD. I don't have one...so now I am the last person under 80 without one.

xoxo, Julia

Melissa said...

Those cupcakes look divinely devilish. (I made that up)!!

Thank you so much for the news you gave me about Williams Sonoma. I love that store and am glad that they are doing alright.

Also, thank you for letting me know to check after Father's Day for the tablecloth to be on sale.

Happy Weekend!

Joanne said...

There's at least one more person without an ipod, that would be me! Great gift, though, the gift of music. And the cupcakes look delish too. Clicked over from Sunbonnet Cottage, enjoyed browsing!