Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dating is awful...

But not quite as awful as this movie was... Not to say the message in it is not the real deal.
Dating is anything but fun and stress free.
It is lonely, desperate, calculating, and often disappointing.
I have been the girl waiting for the phone to ring.
And I have gone to bed with the phone just in case it rang.
And given up hope. And made an idiot of myself in the name of love.
And then, when I was least expecting it found something that was, as the movie says,
the exception and not the rule.
And the only dating advice that I could ever give is something I heard once on Oprah that I have kept with me ever since. And that is to "remember what yes feels like." Yes doesn't feel like maybe or kind of. Yes doesn't have a gray area. Yes is yes.
Oh and if you haven't seen the movie, I would pass.
I, pardon the pun, "just wasn't that into it."

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Yeah, dating is awful. I don't know why I even bothered...even as briefly as I did. Phooey!

Julia said...

Hey! I gave you an award....

Come and get it!

http://mizjuneytalks.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

However, people comment that online dating websites are not safe there is lot of scam, if you do online dating then you may be cheated and so on.

But why don’t you think from its advantage point of view, in off line world, you may have hesitation to talk to someone for dating purposes but online you can talk to anyone who you like, arrange date and you have much flexibility to understand your partner.

For tips and advice you may visit http://goxdating.com/ it guides you and tells you about safe dating.

Most importantly, it gives you much flexibility to select your partner depending on styles, age, area, languages, religion, profession and a lot more.

http://goxdating.com/