Monday, February 23, 2009

My Little Debbie

I love the people I work with. I don't think anyone goes to work every day with more amazing people than I do. One of my most treasured work friendships is with Debbie. She is funny, kind hearted, and incredibly talented in the kitchen. This woman can make about 100 different things with a brick of cream cheese and don't even get her started on making paninis. Seriously.
She reminds me a lot of my own mom. I think that is why I get such a kick out of her. I lovingly refer to her at work as "my little Debbie."
Little Debbie's daughter was blessed with a little girl after many years of trying for a baby. Little Riley Grace was born about a week and a half ago. Debbie's daughter experienced some complications, which landed her in the hospital, and that landed Debbie at home with her grandbaby for the first few days. Debbie is thrilled to have her daughter back home where she belongs and we are thrilled to have Debbie back at work where she belongs.

So to celebrate, we are having a little surprise "Grandma Shower" for her tomorrow.
I made the favors tonight - pretzels dipped in white Guittard chocolate and sprinkled with chocolate. Over 50 pretzels dipped and bagged!

They look so cute - don't they? This is the blanket that I ordered for Riley off of Etsy. It has a yummy layer of chocolate brown minky. And I love that pattern.Some of the decorations that I put together. My friend Jonathan is bringing a few boxes of "Little Debbie" brand cakes and other work friends will bring surprises for Debbie.
I put this frame together. I found the framed mat at Target on sale for $3.00 - I added the pretty gerber daisy embellishment. And then, I went online to find the perfect quote to put in (since I don't have a photo of Riley. So perfect for Debbie who loves to cook.
"Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies."
Isn't that the truth.

3 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

Everything is so lovely! Congrats to Debbie and her daughter. In my eyes there's nothing like a baby girl, course that's all I know.

Thanks for making me hungry this morning!

Athena is a ... said...

Kris you did such a cute job decorating for her Grandma Shower! And what a fun idea. I'm stealing most of your designs for the "Welcome Zoe" party I'm throwing in April. Maybe I can borrow that little white stand for the favors :0)???

Melissa said...

It all looks beautiful.

Those pretzels look almost too pretty to eat.