Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thank heaven...


For some long awaited time off to spend as I please.

Being true to my New Year's resolution means using this time to do things that I really want to do. That means no obligatory things this week! Hooray!

So, you might ask, what is on the agenda for the next few days?


I'm going out to dinner tomorrow night with Tim, his mom, and his sister Erin.

Then, we are going to see this movie. Have you seen it yet?

I also made plans to go up and see my mom. I am going to take her to lunch and then, we are going to go antique shopping at one of our old haunts.
I haven't been to Memory Lanes in years - maybe even decades actually. I remember it as an absolute relic. This is the place where my love of antiques was born. The sheer randomness of it all was enough to occupy me for an afternoon. I remember there being a kid area up front that resembled a jail. I was so afraid of it as a kid. Luckily my mom never would have left me there. I wonder if the kid jail still exists? I will give you a full report.


I'm also planning on doing lots of walking and relaxing. I love just getting out in my neighborhood and exploring. It's my favorite thing to do these days. So far, I have had 3 deer sightings.

Dove Canyon Cottage is nestled in the heart of this amazing scenery. I am so blessed.

And since I will be walking so much, I will be able to indulge in this comfort food meal that I have been craving all week. I told Tim that I don't care what we do on Valentine's Day, but I want really good fish and chips for dinner. Oh, and tartar sauce. Lots and lots of tartar sauce.

And I think I will be hosting a giveaway since I have so much free time on my hands. More details to come on that, so check back with me this week.

2 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

Yay for you! I hope your week is wonderful and goes by ever so slowly.

Athena is a ... said...

Hope you enjoy your time off. Glad you are filling it full of your favorite things and people and activities!