Saturday, September 27, 2008

Closet Fan

Okay, I am coming out of the closet with my love for Neil Diamond. I love every sequins wearin', cracklin' rose singing bit of him. Loving Neil kind of runs in my family in a way. My Aunt Joyce who passed away when I was very little loved him and for that reason, his music has always struck a chord for my mom. His best hits CD used to play on rotate at my old job and I guess that was my first real introduction to his music. The music became a sort of soundtrack to my life at that time - which happened to be the first few months I was dating Derek. After he and I broke up, I made all of my stores take his CD off of rotate because I couldn't handle listening to the songs. Now, a few years later, I can listen to them and remember the good times and think of my Aunt and my mom and all of the things that Neil's music reminds me of. The song Morningside makes me teary eyed everytime I hear it - it was my Aunt's favorite. So you can imagine how excited I am that I get to go and see him live a week from tonight. Tim's friend Kevin was kind enough to share amazing suite tickets with us. So what if we will be the only people there under fifty. I am counting the days until I can belt out Sweet Caroline and be in the same room as the man that my dear Aunt loved so much.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

The guy's got an amazing and distinctive voice. The songs of his that I know are each unique which I think is a sign of his great talent. My favorite is "Solitary Man". Surprised? :-)