Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Handmade Halloween

Last year, my sister turned me on to Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/), and let me say if you haven't been there before, it is addictive. So, don't say I didn't warn you. I've ordered a few things but more than anything else, I like the thrill of the search. And, I have a handful of things in my "favorites," one of which is this girl - Amelia the witch from the seller maddoxandklaus. She is on my list of "don't need, but would love to have." I may order her in the next few weeks if no one else claims her. And, I should give an Etsy tribute to my friend Julie (of Etsy's own Joyshope) and also a fellow blogger at Joy's Hope. She was my very first Etsy purchase. She sold me a darling Thanksgiving wood sign for the door (I will post when it goes up after Halloween), and did such an amazing job I ordered custom signs from her for all of my employees for Christmas presents. Miss Julie was so kind that she hand delivered the last batch to my home just to make sure that I got them in time for the holidays. Amazingly kind, right? I urge you to support your local artists and make a wish list of your own.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Really cute witch!!!
Isn't Etsy fun?
Love it,
Rosemary

Jen Kershner said...

Oh my gosh! I love me some Etsy. I think I'm going to be doing some Christmas shopping there soon.