Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Musings

Hello and Merry Christmas from our little Dove Canyon Cottage. It has been a busy couple of days around here but I just couldn't cuddle up and fall asleep without visiting you all and sharing some fun photos of Christmas as it is coming together.
I wrapped my last few gifts - and put a fun little box of pink goodness together for my niece Zoe who is due late Feb/early March. Oh boy, is she in for a lot of attention - being the first girl in the family. Hence, the rediculously expensave damask shoes that I just had to buy for her. Cute, aren't they? Etsy, you rock my world.
What doesn't rock my world is Tim's affinity for buying gifts that are impossible to wrap. I buy the adult gifts, he buys the kiddo gifts. For some reason, nothing that he buys is square, and if it is, it is so big it takes ten rolls of paper to cover it. He really outdid himself with these night vision binoculars he bought for our nephew Zack. Is that not the most impossible thing to wrap ever? And it doesn't help when your cat is hanging out in the middle of it all. Breathe, Kristin, Breathe...
But look how lovely they all look, nestled under our tree.
After I finished wrapping, we headed out to Tim's mom Marsha's house in Coto to celebrate with them since we will be with my fam tomorrow. Her house looked so lovely, decked perfectly for the season. Here are Shane, Zack, and Drew enjoying some treats! Tim's mom made a traditional Italian Christmas Eve dinner followed by opening presents.
Our boy Zack in his pajamas - he loved handing out the gifts.And of course, my little Shane - he is the sweetest of the boys in Tim's family, I am telling you. He loved helping me open my presents.

And our little godson Ryan - dreaming of sugarplums after an evening of Christmas magic.
"And I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight - Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night!"

1 comment:

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Wonderful photos. Looks like you had a great Italian meal.
Blessings,
Pam