Sunday, December 7, 2008

Perfection!

I have dreamed of having a house to decorate for Christmas for as long as I can remember. I walked into my house for the first time right about this time last year. I remember driving up at night with our realtor and seeing every house on our street brightly lit with decorations. Our lonely house was the only one without any holiday spirit - empty and waiting for someone to come and make it beautiful. I remember standing in the future baby room (upstairs where the wreath is) and looking out into the neighborhood, knowing that it would be our home. We made our offer on December 9th and on December 12th they told us that they had accepted an all cash offer that we just could not match. We were devastated. Then, the next day, they called and said that the offer had fallen through and that the house was ours. And so it was, and is. I am so thankful that it is ours - sometimes I can still hardly believe we live here! Doesn't it just look perfect, all lit up for Christmas? Tim did a fabulous job - not too shabby for his first attempt at hanging outdoor lights. I bought that wreath for $5.00 at Home Depot after Christmas last year and could not wait to put it up! I love a good bargain. Wishing you Christmas cheer, from our home to yours.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Your home is spectacular.

I am so glad that it worked out and that you were able to buy it. It was meant to be.

Melissa