Saturday, December 20, 2008

Five on Friday (the "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" version

1. It has been a crazy week! Every Christmas, I start questioning my own sanity and wishing I had a job that enabled me to enjoy the season a little more. But, truth be told, I love the hustle and bustle of it all. I had the day off today and I feel recharged and ready to tackle the next few days.
2. I "guilt" baked some cookies tonight. Tim told me that a lady at his corporate office was baking holiday cookies and he asked her if she was making these babies... He told her how much he loves them and she said she would try to send him some. That made me feel guilty, so I decided to bite the bullet and make them myself. What a crummy fiancee I am. They turned out pretty though, didn't they?

3. I am so excited to be so prepared with my shopping this year. I am like 90% done with my list. I just have to pick up Tim's gift and something for my boss and then I am done. I even have about half of them wrapped. So unlike me. I am usually my mom's girl, running around like an idiot at the last minute and then speed wrapping on Christmas Eve. Not this year!!

4. I got a really fun surprise in the mail today. My cousin Katerin in Greece sent me a really lovely Christmas card and a beautiful calendar with photos of Crete, the island that my dad is from in Greece. What a treat! I told Tim that that is my favorite part of Christmas - little surprises full of thought that you aren't expecting. Cousin, you made my day and reminded me of the spirit of the season. Thanks so much! I can't wait to hang it up and remember your kindness when I look at it.

5. My Christmas cards are done! I know, I am so late. They will go in the mail in the morning and arrive probably on Christmas Eve. Better late than never, right?
And here is one for you, my dear blog friends
Thanks for being such a special part of my life.
Kristin




4 comments:

Katerina said...

Dear cousin!
I'm sooooooooo happy you liked my (handmade) card and the get-to-know-crete-and-maybe-come-over-someday calendar I send you. You also made my day with your joy!
Merry Christmas to you all, love, Katerina

Athena is a ... said...

You ***Must*** make these cookies: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Saltine-Toffee-Cookies/Detail.aspx

Had them at a Xmas party tonight and they rocked my (admittedly pregnant and therefore cookie-crazy) world. The woman who made them said they were a "joke" to make b/c they are so easy.

Melissa said...

May you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

Melissa

Jeff said...

Dad showed me the calendar from Katerina. There are some really beautiful photos. You should have him show it to you the way he did with me. There was one picture where he pointed out where he learned to swim as a boy. The only thing better than that would be if we were all in Crete together.