Friday, December 26, 2008

No words...

I will spare you all of the unpleasant details and just say that our Christmas Day was nothing short of a series of unfortunate events. After a rediculously awful day, Tim and I came home and I went to bed. At 4AM, we were rocked out of our sound sleep by pounding on our front door. When we got downstairs, there was just a business card from the Orange County Sheriff-Coroner. My heart dropped - I immediately began calling my parents to make sure they were okay while Tim tried to reach the number on the business card. I just was frantic thinking that someone in my family or Tim's family had been hurt or worse. I don't know that I've ever been so scared. By the time we got a hold of the sheriff's station, we learned that a wayward teenager had been caught breaking into cars on our street and they were trying to find out whose presents he had stolen. It just so happened that all of our wrapped presents were still in Tim's car (because after the dabaucle of the day, I didn't even want them in my house!) Thankfully, nothing of ours has been taken that we know of.
I am sad that evil people were able to ruin the spirit of Christmas for me this year. After I visited my friend Julie's blog tonight, I was touched by her husband's Christmas message and reminded of the goodness and pure meaning of this holiday. I am looking forward to a better couple of days ahead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how awful that must have been. i think they might could have handled that differently... perhaps not leaving a coroner card! i pray that the rest of your christmas went smoothly. may god calm you and give you rest!
nicole

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness!

I do pray that 2009 delivers good tidings for you.

You are so sweet and are in my prayers.

Much love.

Melissa

Jeff said...

Kristin,
I sincerely wish you can find peace.
Jeff