Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cottage Style Christmas...Brought to Life

I have always been a red and silver kind of girl when it comes to Christmas decorating. That all changed when I got inspired by some of my fellow bloggers last holiday season. I fell in love with the bottle brush trees and pastel colored houses that are the trademark of Cottage Christmas decorating. Last year for Christmas, my mom surprised me with a whole collection of about 12 of these houses that she had hunted down at homegoods and at antique stores. I packed them up knowing that I would be able to use them in my new house this year. When I told my mom that I wanted to do a whole room themed with the houses for Christmas, she began collecting the ornaments for me too. This past weekend, she gave me about two dozen ornaments including about a dozen that she had originally bought for herself. What a gift. She even had a spare white artificial tree that she donated to the cause. Is it not just incredible?Aren't the houses just too special and precious?
And at the bottom of the bag of ornaments - hand chosen and given to me with so much love was this small silver ornament - totally out of place with my little houses and yet it symbolizes everything my tree means to me. I hung it up with my houses as if to tell the story of the tree- built with love.
Mom, I hope this room and the tree do your beautiful houses justice. Thank you for
helping me bring my cottage Christmas to life.

5 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

Sheer perfection. I love it all. I would like to do something like that in my studio.

Athena is a ... said...

I love it all, too. It came together so beautifully Kris! You did an awesome job!!!

Rosemary said...

I love it!! It's all so pretty!!
Great job!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Rosemary

Jules said...

i just love it! Last year after Christmas the white trees were 90% off. I was so desperate for one, so we bought two... but they are in the front yard. Really wishing they were inside done up with those sweet houses!

Melissa said...

Kris,

You are a sweet and dear friend. Thank you so much for your kind comments.

And, everything looks beautiful in your cottage.

Love Melissa