Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Honey, I imploded the sink.

Now, I know that none of you would be silly enough to peel a whole bag of these babies... and then run those slimy old skins down your garbage disposal, right?
I mean everyone knows that potato skins clog up a sink, right?
Well, let's just say that I was the one person in America who did not realize this very important fact. So, instead of sitting back while my osso bucco was slow cooking on Sunday, I was busy trying to fix my sink to avoid having to call Joe the Plumber.
Tim, as we know, is not Mr. Fix-It. He pulled out the "BIG BOOK OF HOME OWNER HOW-TO's" that his dad bought him for his birthday, but they didn't have a solution for us. We found out online that you can take the sink trap off, which we did, but the sink was still clogged. (Ugly plumbing bill was looming). So, I googled solutions and figured out that the solution was right there in my pantry.

So, if some bonehead in your house ever jams a dozen potato peels down your drain, just use the following steps to take care of the problem.

1. Dump a box of this down the drain.
2. Then pour a bottle of this down there


3. Run some hot water.

4. Watch bubbly magic science-experiment style volcanic eruption happen in your sink.

5. Thank the google gods for cheap natural solutions to silly self-imposed problems.

1 comment:

Msagkittykat said...

So I didnt know that either. Good to know..thus I NEVER cook and would even peel a potatoe..but good to know for that future man I might have.
Hugs miss ya!

Kat